Weather to cook
Yup, fall is here. It’s cold and rainy. There’s some bite in the air. Yup, just about perfect out for a jaunt in the woods. If only I weren’t nursing my ankle.
(But hey! I did work out today. I now remember that push ups and situps suck…I need to do more.)
This weekend, we tried a new recipe, and it came out good, so in lieu of saying anything of worth, I figured I’d share. If you don’t like cauliflower, this is still good. (We’re not the biggest fans of it just steamed.)
- Head of cauliflower
- 1/2 onion
- 3-4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- milk or soy milk
- Chop up the cauliflower and steam until really soft. (10-12 minutes in the microwave should about do it.)
- While it's steaming, dice the onion.
- Sautee the onion in some of the butter. Add the garlic and continue the sautee until onions are soft.
- when the cauliflower is done, drain any water from steaming, if any.
- throw in the pan and saute with the onion/garlic until well mixed/flavored. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Throw it all in the food processor.
- Add rest of butter and blend well. Add milk as needed to make it smoother.
Yummy! Good replacement for mashed potato!