Fall is in the air
Things will change, as they do this time every year. We’ll start wearing heavier clothing, drinking more coffee, and activities will slowly start moving inside. Thats fine, life is good.
My plans include:
- For running, I'm planning on taking it easy for the next week. I'm starting to have knee pain, and I pulled something doing intervals the other day, so want to take some time to rest. Don't worry, the streak will continue. I imagine this month will cap out around 100 miles. Next month will probably be similiar, then I'll start ramping up again for my races in January, February and March.
- We're hoping to get some roadtrip time into the mountains in the next week or two. With the leaves changing, it's a beautiful time to drive around, and with gas prices down, it's realistic to drive for a day trip.
- Cooking season is here. As it's cooled down, it's time to head back to the kitchen. We've been playing with some soup and chili recipes lately, and we're planning on tweaking them a bit. We'll probably do some baking too.
- I have a couple programming projects I've been playing with. Maybe I'll have some time to get them done.
We’ll see what else happens…Fall is a carefree time. (Wait, aren’t all the seasons?)I thought I’d throw some shout-outs to all my friends out there.:
- I always shout-out to my wife, because she lets me do all this stuff. :)
- Of course, my friends at Runners Fit whom I see all this time. These guys all make running worthwhile (and I'll probably continue to think that even if I end up on the Wuss list. But I think I'm safe from that for a while.)
- My blogging friends, David Ray, Michelle, Ted, Mark, Bryon and the rest of you.
- I've recently started listent to the Ultradad podcast. He rambles on about various topics, usually some interesting stuff related to running. I also like that instead of doing the whole thing while out running, he has some studio sections that have weekly updates. He also gets bonus points for pronouncing my name correctly when he mentioned me on the podcast. (Yes, for some reason, people can't seem to say it right.)
- My RunnerPlus friends also get a shoutout. Ande, Ueli, Alan, Patricia, Stacey, Michele, and everyone else, good running
Okay, that’s about it for now. Time to go enjoy the weather.